Purple Rain - Puukko Knife - Custom Scandinavian Bushcraft Knife w/ Sheath
Puukko knives are traditional bushcraft & hunting knives in Finland. This custom specimen is built around a 4 5/8" high carbon steel blade, hand forged by Gladium Design in Northern Sweden.
The handle is comprised of gorgeous ironwood burl & solid brass, layered with sections pearlescent polycarbonate resin, and spacer sheets made of mother of pearl. Each knife is lovingly handcrafted in our small Austin, TX wood shop.
Likewise, the included sheath is crafted in our shop, each one is custom fit to the knife it holds. The sheath is inspired by the traditional Finnish methodology, including a wooden, friction-fit, blade support encased within the wet-molded, hand sewn, full-grain leather sheath. Each sheath is also unique, as in addition to being sewn by hand, they are all made of recalimed, repurposed, and/or recovered scrap leather of varying quantities/shapes. This offers unique challenges - to create with what we have available - and also unique opportunities - to make beautiful things out of what normally gets thrown away...
Knife Details, Care, & Specifications
- Both high carbon steel and brass will acquire a nice patina over time and with use, but will rust if left in water.
- The leather sheath will also patina with time and use. Apply an appropriate amount of leather conditioner occasionally/as desired to maintain its supple texture.
- Each knife will arrive crazy sharp and ready to use.
- Blade Length: 120 mm (4 5/8 inches)
- Handle Length: 130 mm (5 1/16 inches)