Nebula - Puukko Knife - Scandinavian Bushcraft Knife w/ Sheath
Puukko knives are traditional bushcraft & hunting knives in Finland. This custom specimen is built around a 4 3/4" high carbon steel blade, hand forged by Gladium Design in northern Sweden.
The handle is comprised of gorgeous ironwood burl, solid brass, and pearlescent, silvery blue, orange, red, green swirled polycarbonate resin. Each knife is lovingly handcrafted in our small Austin, TX wood shop.
Likewise, the included sheath is crafted by hand in our shop, each one is custom fit to the knife it holds. The sheath is inspired by the traditional Finnish methodology, including a wooden, friction-fit, blade guard/support encased within the wet-molded, hand sewn, full-grain leather sheath.
Each sheath is also unique, as in addition to being sewn by hand, they are all made of reclaimed, repurposed, and/or recovered scrap leather of varying quantities/shapes. This offers unique challenges - to create with what we have available - and also unique opportunities - to make beautiful things out of what normally gets thrown away...
Knife Details, Care, & Specifications
- Both high carbon steel and brass will acquire a nice patina over time and with use, but will rust if left in water.
- The leather sheath will also patina with time and use. Apply an appropriate amount of leather conditioner occasionally/as desired to maintain its supple texture.
- Each knife will arrive crazy sharp and ready to use.
- Blade Length: 125 mm (4 3/4 inches)
- Handle Length: 128 mm (5 inches)
Hand wash only
DO NOT wash in the dishwasher!To clean the board, simply wipe it down with damp, soapy cloth, and pat it dry before storing.Occasionally rub with Tung oil, or other food-safe mineral oil as desired. Avoid using olive oil or other cooking oils, as they can become rancid.
Restaurant owners, caterers, & event planners: reach out to us before ordering for special bulk discount pricing on orders of 10 or more!